Areas of Focus
[Christian is] extremely well regarded by clients for being ‘very business-minded’ and ‘understanding our needs and looking out for our best interests at all times.’
Christian Salaman is recognized by Chambers USA, The Legal 500 U.S., Best Lawyers and San Diego Business Journal for his M&As, financings, technology, corporate and commercial work across industries.
Christian provides strategic advice to startup, emerging growth and established businesses. He has extensive buy- and sell-side M&A experience and counsels on dispositions, venture capital financings, public and private securities offerings, joint ventures, collaborations, technology licenses, corporate governance and operational matters. While Christian works with clients across a variety of industries, he is particularly well-known within the San Diego community of technology entrepreneurs and investors, earning him recognition by the San Diego Business Journal as a "Leader in Law" in 2021 and by Best Lawyers as San Diego’s M&A "Lawyer of the Year" for 2021, and within the national community of hospitality dealmakers, earning him recognition by Chambers USA in Leisure & Hospitality over many years.
- Advising various types of companies in their M&A exits and acquisitions, including SaaS, mobile, fintech, AI, healthtech, specialty ﬁnance, biotech, pharmaceuticals, e-commerce and consumer product goods.
- Counseling startups on corporate, commercial and ﬁnance matters, especially angel and venture capital financings.
- Advising managers and owners on hotel management agreements and other strategic hospitality matters, including clients CoralTree and Eagle Four Partners.
- Best Lawyers, San Diego’s M&A "Lawyer of the Year" for 2021
- San Diego Business Journal,"Leader in Law" in 2021
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Leisure & Hospitality (2008 – 2016, 2020 – 2022) and The Legal 500 U.S., Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2011 – 2012, 2014 – 2016, 2018, 2022), Middle Market M&A (sub-$500 million) (2012 – 2013, 2019), and Best Lawyers (published by BL Rankings LLC), Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021 – 2023).
Media Coverage 01.03.23
Media Coverage 12.14.22
Media Coverage 11.30.22
Media Coverage 10.13.22
Awards & Rankings 08.18.22
The Latest Best Lawyer Guides Bestow 262 Recognitions on Pillsbury Lawyers
185 Individuals Named, including Five Lawyers of the Year and 37 Ones to Watch
Media Coverage 08.16.22
Media Coverage 08.02.22
Press Release 06.09.22
Shield AI Raises $165 Million Series E to Reach $2.3 Billion Valuation
Awards & Rankings 06.01.22
Media Coverage 05.19.22
Media Coverage 05.13.22
Press Release 05.05.22
Press Release 03.31.22
Press Release 03.16.22
Press Release 03.08.22
Press Release 02.17.22
Pillsbury Advises Eagle Four Partners in Purchase of Fashion Island Hotel
Property soon to be renovated and rebranded as Pendry Newport Beach
Press Release 12.22.21
Press Release 12.02.21
Press Release 11.18.21
Press Release 10.22.21
© 2001–2023 Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP